With some countries and states in the world changing the legislation regarding the consumption of marijuana, cannabis tourism has become a trend. Travelers are now seeking destinations that not only offer breathtaking landscapes, cultural experiences, and culinary delights but also provide a weed-friendly environment. In this article, we will explore some of the best places to visit if you are looking for something like that.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: For a long time this has been the main preferred destiny for weed enthusiasts. Known as the cannabis capital of the world, the city's famous coffee shops offer a unique experience where visitors can legally purchase and consume marijuana in a relaxed setting. Alongside its picturesque canals and rich history, Amsterdam is a wonderful place that attracts visitors from all over the globe.
- Denver, Colorado, USA: Since the legalization of recreational marijuana in 2012, Denver has become a hotspot for cannabis tourism in the United States. The city has a wide selection of dispensaries where visitors can purchase high-quality marijuana products. Additionally, there are cannabis-friendly hotels and tours that provide unique insights into the local industry. Don't miss the opportunity to go high up the Rocky Mountains.
- Vancouver, Canada: As one of the first countries to legalise recreational cannabis nationwide, Canada offers various destinations for weed enthusiasts. Vancouver, in particular, stands out with its numerous dispensaries, cannabis-related events and festivals, and guided tours of local cannabis production facilities. The city's stunning natural beauty, including nearby mountains and the Pacific Ocean, are also things to consider.
- Montevideo, Uruguay: Uruguay became the first country in the world to legalize the production, sale, and consumption of weed for recreational purposes. In the capital city, Montevideo, visitors can explore local dispensaries, join cannabis tours, and learn about the country's progressive policies in regards to marijuana while enjoying the wonderful Uruguayan music: Tango, Murga and Candombe. Montevideo's charming neighbourhoods, beautiful beaches, and rich cultural heritage make it an attractive destination for travelers.
- Jamaica: Known for its association with cannabis culture, Jamaica offers a laid-back atmosphere where visitors can enjoy the plant's natural beauty. While marijuana is not technically legal for recreational use, it is widely tolerated, and Rastafarian culture, which reveres cannabis as a sacrament, is deeply rooted in the country. Exploring the stunning beaches, reggae music, and vibrant local markets is also a quintessential Jamaican experience.
- Portland, Oregon, USA: This is an ideal destination for those who like beer and marijuana. With its progressive legislation, Portland has become a popular destination for cannabis tourists in the United States. The city has numerous dispensaries and weed-friendly accommodations and is renowned for its food and craft beer bars.
- Barcelona, Spain: Barcelona has emerged as a popular tourism destination, partly due to its unique cannabis social clubs and high quality weed. Visitors can also apply for memberships and become part of these clubs temporarily. There they can enjoy a wide range of cannabis products in a private space and a typical social setting. Barcelona's nightlife, stunning gothic and modernist architecture, and delicious cuisine add to the overall experience.
As the mentality and laws continue to evolve, the attitude towards marijuana changes. More and more places around the world seem to be embracing cannabis culture every year and providing unique experiences for travelers. We hope this list keeps enlarging with the consequent changes in legislation all around the world.